As the saying goes, first impressions last. This is why it is always important to make sure that you are dressed appropriately for any occasion. That way you will be able to convey the right message and leave a positive lasting impression on everyone you meet.
So here are some of the best tips all men need to look their best in the office, with thanks to Australian corporate clothing e-commerce store, Promotions-r-us.com.au:
- Make it a point to buy corporate clothes that would follow your company’s dress code. Some companies are not so particular with formal office attire. If your office’s dress code is more relaxed, then you will be fine as long as you do not wear jeans or don a suit.
- Women are not the only ones who can sport accessories. Men can also wear jewelry. But limit that to a wedding band, if you are married, a wrist watch and cufflinks (if the occasion calls for it). Earrings, nose rings or other piercings around your body should be avoided in the office.
- Make sure that your clothes fit, especially if you will be sporting a suit. You would want a suit that will flatter your body type. It would be best if you can even find a tailor. He would know the correct padding and how to make sure that the suit will best fit you. That way all your assets will stand out and look even more defined.
- Footwear is one of the most important things when donning office attire. In order to get good footwear, be ready to pay a small price. But since you will be paying for quality, then it will definitely be money well spent.
- When dressing up for the office, stick to classic clothing. There will be casual Fridays when you can dress down. But make it a point to veer away from trendy outfits such as bleached jeans. Show up in a pair of good fitting jeans and a sweater or shirt. Other than that, it would be best to wear clothes in neutral colors. Make sure to invest in classic pieces such as cotton dress shirts. The best colors to get would be white, black and solid pastel colors like light blue. Make sure to invest in a pair of good fitting trousers or slacks. Avoid wearing t-shirts to work. It would be better to wear polos as they look more put together. Stay away from loud colors as well as flashy prints. This might be good for the beach but not for the office.
Use these quick tips and find yourself standing out in the office! Thanks again to the Promotions-R-Us team!